Our goal is to provide the public with up to date, concise summaries and reviews of important and interesting health and fitness news.
- Review scientific journals, medical web sites, world government health agencies and reported news
- Place health and medical news in context with the current scientific beliefs
- Provide responsive, evidence-based commentary geared toward initiating dialogue about health topics
- Keep readers aware of changes in health and medical knowledge
- Provide readers our sources so that they can come to their own conclusions
- We will keep the public informed without forgetting what is most important…FACT.
Without truth there is no news.
Without truth there is no Health News Observer.
Ralph Zanfardino MPAS, BSJ, PA-C
Ralph Zanfardino graduated from the University of Florida College of Journalism and Communications with a Bachelors of Science degree in 1991 and worked as both a staff and freelance writer in newspaper and advertising. Mr. Zanfardino attained his Masters of Physician Assistant Studies from the University of Florida College Of Medicine in 1999. Since graduating he has worked in emergency medicine full time. He is currently the co-founder and serves as the Director of Communications for Health News Observer LLC. He serves as a consultant to the medical publishing company, Compact Medical Guides, LLC and has co-authored multiple articles about medical topics in addition to Disasters, Terrorism, & You, a lay person’s guide to surviving disaster and terror events.
Steven G. Rothrock MD, FACEP, FAAP
Steven G. Rothrock MD, FACEP, FAAP is a Professor of Emergency Medicine and is board certified in emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine. He graduated from Florida State University, then the University of South Florida College of Medicine where he was elected into the National Medical Honor Society (A.O.A.) and completed his residency in Southern California. He has authored over 150 peer reviewed articles, chapters and abstracts and 15 medical books. He received the National Teaching Faculty Award from the American College of Emergency Physicians and was selected Teacher of the Year at several residency training programs. He has served on the editorial board, served as reviewer and received awards for being a top reviewer for multiple scientific medical journals.